Nissan got a good market share with its new models in 2013. The top models are Nissan Altima, Nissan Versa and Nissan Sentra. These are considered from the Forbes twenty best selling cars of 2013 and the sales statistics of these models. In this article, we will discuss about the specifications of these top models from Nissan.
- Nissan Altima: The Nissan’s Altima is always near top of the heap. Its November 2013 sales in United States are 24,604, and year to date sales up to November 2013 – 295,907.
- Interior: Leather or cloth upholstery, Bluetooth and cellphone connectivity for streaming audio, 60/40 split folding backseat along with armrest, Pandora and iPod connectivity with Nissan Connect, driver seat is power adjustable, navigation system, automatic climatic control, Bose premium stereo and heated steering wheel and front seats are available.
- Exterior: 16-inch steel wheels, 16, 17 or 18-inch aluminum wheels, automatic headlights, fog lights, LED taillights, remote start, moon roof, are available.
- Safety: The safety features are electronic stability system, Antilock disc brakes, side curtain and side impact for front seat airbags, blind spot warning system, lane departure warning and when reverse moving object detection system.
- Pros and Cons: Pros are top crash test scores, solid interior quality, user-friendly electronics, comfortable front seats, refined ride, engaging handling, fuel economy and satisfying acceleration. Cons are four-cylinder engine giving excess noise, during moderate acceleration CVT can be overeager, and as like some other top sedans, it has no much rear headroom.
- Nissan Versa: There are 8,327 units sold in November 2013 in United States. The year to date sales in United States is 108,488.
- Interior highlights: The interior highlights in the Nissan Versa are navigation system, backseat is 60/40 split folding, cruise control, power mirrors and windows, CD stereo, air conditioning, and can comfortably seat five passengers.
- Exterior: The exterior in the Versa 2014 is rear spoiler, fog lights, simple and aerodynamic design. 15 and 16 inch steel wheels.
- Safety: The safety features are backup camera, electronic stability system, side curtain and side impact (front seats) airbags and anti-lock brakes.
- Pros and cons: High fuel economy with CVT, large trunk, more convenience features, comfortable ride, low base price and roomy interior are the pros. Cons are low quality interior materials, no telescoping steering wheel, noisy engine, driving dynamics and bland performance.
- Nissan Sentra: The sales of Nissan Sentra in 2013 November are 11,664. Year to date up to November 2013 are 118,344.
- Safety: The available safety features are security system, electronic stability system with traction control and brake assist, antilock brakes and six airbags.
- Interior and exterior: Interior and exterior features are mostly similar to Nissan Versa.
- Pros and Cons: The advantages with Nissan Sentra are useful infotainment features, generous trunk space, high fuel economy, priced lower than many rivals and spacious and upscale interior. Disadvantages are steering lacks feel and underwhelming acceleration.
Only Nissan Altima is in the twenty best selling cars of 2013 list released by the Forbes. Nissan Sentra and the Nissan Versa are the bestselling models for Nissan in 2013 as per the data available up to November.