Baseball pitching coach Ted Silva is a native of Redondo Beach, California. Currently, he serves as a pitching coach to Nebraska Baseball. Before serving as a pitching coach to Nebraska Baseball, he was a pitching coach at Cal State Fullerton, Fresno State, UC Irvine and Loyola Marymount.
Ted Silva has spent nearly 20 years of his life dedicated to his passion ‘baseball’. As a pitching coach he has earned many awards, achievements, recognitions and accolades.
- In 1995, Ted Silva was a All-America pitcher at Cal State Fullerton.
- He helped the Titans win the National Championship in 1995.
- The Big West Conference honored Silva as the Pitcher of the Year in 1995.
- Under his guidance, the Titans won the Big West Conference championship in 2005 and 2006.
- Helped the Titan’s at a national-best 2.73 ERA, the only team in the country under 3.00 in 2006.
- Ted Siva spent the 2007 season at Fresno State and guided the Bulldogs to a 38-29 mark and an NCAA regional berth in San Diego.
- He helped led UC Irvine to the nation’s 3rd best ERA at 3.27 in 2008.
- Under his guidance, the Anteaters won the Lincoln Regional in 2008.
- Helped UC Irvine to national prominence from 2008 to 2010. Anteaters were qualified for three straight NCAA tournaments and won the Big West Conference title in 2009.
- He coached All-Americans and future first-round selections Ricky Romero (2005), Wes Roemer (2006), Scott Gorgen (2008) and Daniel Bibona (2009-10) to Big West Pitcher-of-the-Year awards.
- In 2011, he improved Loyola Marymount’s team ERA from 7.21 to 3.25.
- Silva was named all-tournament by the American Baseball Coaches Association, Collegiate Baseball, the Greater Houston Sports Association and Baseball America.
- During his three seasons as UC Irvine’s pitching coach, his four pitchers Christian Bergman, Scott Gorgen, Eric Pettis, Daniel Bibona earned a total of 19 All-America accolades.