The policies that are being put forward by the federal government are not solving the problem with the economy, as per the American Solutions monthly Small Business survey. The federal government itself is creating the problem. The high priority problems that small businesses are facing are high taxes and government regulation.
Around 40,000 small business owners were questioned about their small businesses and the most compelling issues that they are facing by the American Solutions Small Business Survey.
- About 42 percent respondents selected high taxes as a leading problem for small business owners.
- 26 percent respondents chose government regulations as another pressing problem of small business owners.
- Just only 9 percents of respondents are planning to hire workers. About 17 percent which is about 1 in 5 have plans to layoff their workers. Around 3 out of 4 are planning to maintain the same size of their business.
- Around 44 percent of them felt that enforcement of Obama care as a heartburn.
- 2 in 3 respondents expressed that they are facing troubles for accessing credit or financing.