There are many things you need to plan and organize to move into your new apartment. Finding vacant apartments and selecting a right apartment from them, according to your needs is first half of the story. Then the real story starts from hiring moving agent to settling down in the new apartment. When I have moved my home to one of the Fort Worth Texas Apartments, I came to know about some of the issues. I like to share them with you, which you can follow before moving.
- Report to the post-office that you are moving from your current place. Online ‘Change of Address’ form is available on the United States Postal Service Website. Prepare a list of friends, relatives, business firms and others who should be informed about your move.
The following checklist will be helpful for you:
- Utilities: Electric, Gas, Water, Telephone, Sewer District, Trash, Cable/Satellite, Fuel (Oil/Propane), Sewer District.
- Personal Accounts: Pharmacy, Dry Cleaner, Lawn Service, Bank/Finance Companies, Credit Card Companies, Laundry Service, Auto Finance Company, Health Club.
- Professional Services: Doctor(s), Dentist, Accountant, Lawyer, Broker, Insurance Agency.
- Publications: Newspapers, Magazines, Newsletters, Professional Journals.
- Government Offices: Department of Motor Vehicles, Social Security Administration, State/Federal Tax Bureaus, City/County Tax Assessor and Veterans Administration.