The South Korea’s automobile manufacturer Kia has taken two places in the top 25 list given by the good car bad car website. The list was prepared based on the sales statistics for the year ended 2013. The statistics are taken from the reports by the automakers and Automotive News Data Center. In this article we will see the Kia’s best selling models for the past year. The models are Kia Optima and Kia Soul.
- Kia Optima: With strong engine choices, evocative styling and long list of features it is easy to see. For the mid size sedan, 2013 Kia Optima is one of the top pick. Kia Optima is in the fifteenth rank in best the selling models of America for the year 2013. In the year its sales are 155,893, it is 2.3 percent growth than the previous years sales of 152,399 units.
- Mileage: The gas mileage for Kia Optima is 22 to 24 miles per gallon (mpg) in city traffic and on highway traffic it is 34 to 35 mpg.
- Pros and Cons: Lengthy warranty, impressive value by the gasoline models, top crash scores, ample features content, handsome cabin and solid acceleration are the pros. Cons for the Kia Optima are odd brake response in hybrid model, real world mileage historically falls short of EPA estimates, and tight on rear seat headroom.
- Safety: The standard safety features in Kia Optima include side and side curtain airbags, hill start assist, stability and traction control and four wheel anti-lock disc brakes.
- Kia Soul: The 2013 Kia Soul is fun to drive nature to practical hatchback realm and it brings hipster styling. Kia Soul is in the nineteenth rank for the year 2013 with 118,079 units of sale in 2013 which is 115,778 in 2012 with an increase of two percent in sales.
- Mileage: Kia Soul’s city gas mileage is 23 to 25 mpg and in highway traffic it is 28 to 30 mpg.
- Pros and Cons: Pros of the Kia Soul includes long warranty, low price, funky style, ample passenger space, user friendly controls, and loads of available features. Stiff ride with eighteen inch wheels and few competitors versus limited cargo are the cons.
- Safety: The standard safety features in the Kis Soul includes hill start assist, front head restraints, side curtain and front seat side airbags, traction control, stability control, and anti-lock disc brakes for four wheel.
For the year ended 203, Kia Optima (155,893) has given a good competition to Chevrolet Impala (156,797) with nearly nine hundred numbers difference. As well Kia Soul with 118,079 faced a fierce competition from Subaru Outback with 118,049, it is just thirty units difference.