Text messaging or SMS is commonly used tool in mobile marketing. This tool is popular among retail and FMCG businesses. SMS marketing is considered to be one of the highly effective strategies to survive competition in the market. Sending messages to people via SMS is a great strategy because the message is delivered to the customer directly. The SMS service is generally used for different purposes such as recruiting, marketing, customer care services, etc.
The widespread popularity of SMS marketing is also due to the reason that there is an increase in mobile usage all over the world. Also every message sent will be read by the users. Companies can also directly send their messages to the customers, irrespective of the location of the customer and the time.
Bulk SMS has become an important advertising and marketing tool to promote business because it not only creates awareness about a brand but also helps in reaching huge potential markets and large number of customers within short time. By using the bulk SMS marketing service, a business can send the text message containing description about the product, price or any other information to a customer group with a single click.
Benefits of SMS marketing
SMS marketing is an easy to execute marketing strategy. Not much budget is required by a company for using this particular marketing tool. Hence, SMS marketing is considered a profitable and cost-effective marketing strategy.
- Increase of sales and generate repeated sales
- SMS marketing not only helps in generating sales, it also enhances the brand exposure
- Highly personalized messages can be sent directly to the target customers
- SMS marketing can be used to send important information to key customers or suppliers of the raw materials
- Mobile messaging helps the business in providing value added services at a marginal cost
- Automatic relay of critical information is possible through mobile marketing
- With the help of the mobile marketing and advertising, business people can communicate almost to everybody and consumer groups of every segment better
With SMS marketing, a company can inform its distributors about the launch of new products, changes in pricing and specifications and about shipping the products. The company can also maintain customer relationship management by sending wishes on birthdays, anniversaries and on special days. It can be used to inform consumers about special discounts and offers, and to send SMS invitations to customer on product launches and events organized by the company.