The color of red wine is derived from the skin of the grapes used to produce the wine and from the oak barrels used in aging process of wine. Red wine is a rich source of antioxidants and it shows some positive effects on the health, but consuming wine frequently may lead to severe health problems. It is necessary to store wine at proper temperatures when it is sealed. At the same time opened wine bottles need to be stored with extra care and caution.
Here are a few tips for saving the red wine for few days after opening the bottle:
- It is better to consume the red wine with in 2 to 4 days to have the same taste after opening the bottle. If the opened red wine is stored properly it can last up to a couple of weeks.
- It is better to transfer the remaining wine in to a smaller bottles so that less oxidation takes place and hence the taste will not change. After transferring the wine in to the smaller bottles add a stopper at the top of the bottle.
- If you drink less than half of the bottle of your opened red wine, you can keep the wine in its current bottle or you can also transfer it to a smaller container, because the wine will be in good condition if you fill it as close to the mouth of the bottle.
- You have to keep the opened wine bottle in a cool place like a refrigerator and this is the best way to store an opened wine bottle for little longer time.
- Taste of the wine may change because of exposure to oxygen, if the opened wine is kept like that for 4 days.
The above are the tips used for storing red wine.