The most widely used tool by Retail and FMCG in mobile marketing is text messaging or SMS. One of the strategies used by the FMCG companies to sustain in this competitive market is to make use of SMS marketing. Sending messages to people via SMS is a great strategy because the message is delivered to the customer directly. The SMS service is generally used for different purposes such as recruiting, marketing, customer care services etc.
Bulk SMS has become an important advertising and marketing tool to promote business because it not only creates awareness about a brand but also helps in reaching huge potential markets and large number of customers within short time. By using the bulk SMS marketing service a business person can send the text message containing description about his product, price or any other information to a customer group with a single click.
The benefits of the SMS marketing for the FMCG industry are as follows:
- Increase of sales and generate repeated sales.
- Highly personalized messages can be sent directly to the target customers.
- In FMCG industry SMS marketing is used to send important information to key customers or suppliers of the raw materials.
- Mobile messaging helps FMCG industry in providing value added services at a marginal cost.
- Automatic relay of critical information is possible through mobile marketing.
- With the help of the mobile marketing and advertising business people can communicate to almost everybody and segment consumer groups better.
- The Bulk SMS Services allows corporate clients to submit bulk SMS from any web server.
With the SMS marketing a Company to distributors can inform about the launch of new products, changes in the pricing and specifications, and can inform about the shipping of materials. And the company can maintain CRM by sending wishes on birthdays, anniversaries and on special days. It can be used to inform consumers about special discounts and offers, and also send SMS invitations to customer about the product launches and events organized by the company.