Because of the increase in the number of drug addicts, many treatment centers have been established for treating the drug addicts. One might get confused and may not have a clear view on how to decide the type of resource which is useful for themselves or for the family members. So, here are some of the resources which provide you the best treatment programs.
- SAMHSA,The Substance Abuse And Mental Health Services Administration is an organization which provides different types of services. It provides a location for different treatment centers and a separate site is maintained by it for giving the exact location of the outpatient, residential and the hospital treatment centers for the drug addicted people and also for the alcohol addicted people. The website is www.findtreatment.samhsa.gov
- The National Alliance on Mental Illness and Mental Health Of America are providing the treatment at different centers for curing the mental disorders which result because of drug abuse. The websites which give the information are www.nami.org and www.mentalhealthamerica.net
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline provides you with the information regarding the drug addiction treatment apart from the suicide prevention.
- The physician locator tools for the drug abuse can be found in the websites of the American Academy of Addiction psychiatry and American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. The websites are www.aaap.org and www.aacap.org respectively.
- Even the websites of NIDA like www.drugabuse.gov/CTN/Index.htm and www.clinicaltrials.gov can also give the required information about the treatment centers.
These are different resources which provide us the information regarding the drug treatment centers and their locations.